10 Things You Might Not Know About Jeanette Harris
November 18, 2012 - Jeanette Harris is one of the hottest New Sax players in Contemporary Jazz. The Fresno, California native has already charted four songs off of her 'Saxified' album on the SmoothJazzNow Top 50 countdown including the title tune that reached #2 on our chart.
We asked Jeanette to help us get to know her a little more with things that were not in her bio.
Here is her own list of "10 Things You Might Not Know about Jeanette Harris."
1. I love to cook but will not follow a recipe…I’m all about improvising in the Kitchen. There’s nothing like a home cooked meal!!!
2. I love to eat almost all styles of food including - Mexican, Indian, Chinese, Japanese and Soul Food! The spicier the better.
3. I enjoy fishing…as long as I don’t have to touch the worm or the fish.
4. I co-wrote “The Best Is Yet To Come” on Norman Brown and Gerald Albright's new CD 24/7.
5. I love to rollerblade which is about the only exercise I enjoy doing ?
6. In 2003, I was booed on the stage in Sacramento…the band before me went way to long and took their time getting off of the stage. Some audience members felt we were taking too long to set up so they started booing us and chanting, “Music, music, music…” Some even got up to leave. Once we got started, they were trying to rush back in because the music was sounding so good!
7. I enjoy watching silly comedy movies and shows!!! - The Airplane series – Problem Child – Soul Plane – White Chicks – Curb Your Enthusiasm – Seinfeld to name of few!
8. I picked the sax more for the look…I later realized it had a VERY cool sound!
9. I’m currently learning Sign Language so I can communicate with more people.
10. I received my first big award at the L.A Black Music Awards in 2004, where I was recognized as a “Shooting Star” and nominated for “Best Jazz Instrumentalist!"
Check out Jeanette's website http://www.jeanetteharrisband.com/