Norah Jones Readies To Perform at Oscars
January 31, 2013 – Norah Jones is one busy lady as she is set to perform at the Oscars and is getting ready for her tour.
Jones will sing the theme song from the movie “Ted” during this year’s Academy Awards and the song “Everybody Needs A Best Friend” has been nominated for an Oscar for Best Original Song.
Norah is releasing a new digital EP, Little Broken Hearts Remix EP (Blue Note) and is set to promote that in making an appearance on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno February 8th. The EP includes a few new remixes too. – By Shannon Edwards
For Tour dates check the listing below:
February 13 – Riverside Theatre – Perth, Australia
February 15 – State Theatre – Sydney, Australia
February 16 – State Theatre – Sydney, Australia
February 17 – State Theatre – Sydney, Australia
February 19 – Brisbane Convention Centre – Brisbane, Australia
February 21 – The Plenary – Melbourne, Australia
February 22 – Festival Theatre – Adelaide, Australia
February 27 – Star Performing Arts Center – Singapore
March 3 – Summer's Day Festival – Mumbai, India
March 5 – Siri Fort Auditorium – New Delhi, India
March 8 – Nice Grounds – Bangalore, India
The Little Willies – Tour Dates:
April 26 – Stagecoach Festival – Indio, CA
May 4 – New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival – New Orleans, LA
Norah Jones Live Webcast on Letterman
Norah’s Live-on-Letterman webcast will come after the taping of her gig on the Late Show with David Letterman, which will be aired later that evening on CBS.
NORAH JONES – 2012 TOUR DATES:
Norah Jones to Release New Album in Spring
Jones will really be promoting this project with tons of shows this year. She is set to appear at many festivals including a stint at the Hollywood Bowl.
Though she has never out-performed her debut album, "Come Away with Me," from 2002, the nine-time-Grammy winner, with the famous rootsy voice, just keeps belting out the tunes. Norah insists on writing songs that speak to her soul more than returning to the same radio-formula hits of the past. - By Shannon Edwards
Norah Jones Excited about Experimenting With Summer Festivals
The Grammy winner has also just released a new single and video, “Young Blood” and is ready to show crowds a new side of her music and playing. Jones is now stepping out from behind the piano and playing more guitar. In fact she plays guitar on the new album “The Fall.”
She also promises an interesting set-list for her summer gigs including doing some cover tunes with her new band that helped her display a more experimental style on her latest offering.
Norah Jones has won 12 Grammy awards as a result of her four studio albums (that all reached the Top 5 on the Billboard charts) and special project with other performers. – by Kari Graham
10 Things You Might Not Know About…Norah Jones
2. Norah Jones beat the sophomore Jinx by selling over 4 million copies of her second album “Feels Like Home.”
3. Norah and her husband (then boyfriend) bassist Lee Alexander waited a few years to buy a nice New York pad following the success of her first two albums. But all the cash was not the reason – it was a need for privacy.
4. Norah Jones says when she’s not touring she’s a couch potato. "I'm like a zombie," she says,” my boyfriend, he makes fun of me, because I'm always talking about what's going on with Rachel and Chandler."
6. Norah Jones huge Grammy wins in 2003 did more for her sales than any other artist in history. Sales of her debut album increased by nearly a half (m) million copies in the week after she won five Grammys. That's the biggest post-Grammy sales jump ever.
7. Faith Hill is a huge Norah Jones fan
8. Norah Jones father (famous Indian sitar player Ravi Shankar) told John Beaudin of Smooth Jazz Now that he knew she had great talent even as a child but added he can't take any of the credit for her success because she grew up in America.
Is Norah Jones the New “It” Actress?
Norah Jones: Acting Debut in " My Blueberry
Jones Goes Deeper
Turns into Ray Charles Love Fest
Jazz Nominations at the Juno Awards
Norah Jones 5 Nominations
Norah Jones Refuses The Glitter
New Norah Jones Live DVD Set For November
Norah Jones to Re-Release 'Feels Like Home' With Extras
Norah Jones Forced to Downsize Summer Shows
Norah Jones Hits Four Million With 'Feels Like Home'
Norah Jones Confirms Fall Tour
Norah Jones Thanks Boyfriend For Her Sanity
Norah Jones No Britney Spears Fan
Norah Jones Likes To Rock